El-Zarzamoon Prep School
Mr. Alaa EL-Ziat.
First year preparatory
April ....., 2009 class …. …. period
Unit 21 - lesson 2 SB page 46 WB page 29
Aims: learners will:-
• practise reading skills.
• read and understand the present simple passive.
• revise and extend their vocabulary : the oil industry.
• learn about oil.
SB, WB, Blackboard, Chalk a computer.
Write questions using the words in brackets:-
• A spoon is made of plastic or metal. ( What )
• Yes, we can see through glass. ( Can )
• The game took half an hour. ( How long )
Choose the correct answer:-
1- Plastic is made ……….. oil.
by - from – in
2- Bins ………….. of plastic.
are made – are making – made
3- ………… is used for planes.
Petrol – Kerosene – Oil
4- A lot of oil …… in Sinai last year.
Was finding – was found – found
5- There is …………. Oil in Kuwait than in Egypt.
much - more - most
• Oil is used to make petrol.
• Plastics are made from oil.
• Oil is found near Sinai.
• Oil was formed millions of years ago.
• Plants were covered in mud.
become, cover, diesel, form (v.), kerosene, Kuwait, oil, petrol, rock, sand, the Middle East.
Describing a process.
Reading for gist, for specific details and the main ideas.
Asking and answering orally about a written text.
Whole class, pairs, individuals
Read and correct:-
1- We do many fuels from oil.
2- Many fuels is made from oil.
3- This factory is call an oil refinery.
H.A :- WB EX. 4